Please pray for…
The Big Five
- Departure – Pray that we will be ready to depart to the field before July 2017. Mokahum is waiting for us. Pray for our perseverance. It has been a long road so far and there is more to go. As parents of three teenagers, it is time to settle down.
- Finances – We need a bigger support team. Ministry takes money, and we don’t get to the field until we are 100% funded. Pray for yourself. If you would like to give, but don’t think you can, ask the Lord to make it possible.
- Opportunities – We have a few scheduled presentations on the calendar, but we need more. Also, consider having a home-gathering with some friends to meet with us and pray for our mission. For many reasons, home presentations are sometimes better than mission conferences at churches.
- Perseverance – Pray for the students at Mokahum. The come from very challenging backgrounds.
- Prayer Team – We would like a prayer team of at least 70 people. We want 10 people dedicated everyday of the week to pray for us and our mission. Choose a day when you can pray for us. Let us know which day and stick with it. Use this page as a guide. Pray as you feel led. Just pray. We really need prayer. Please let us know which day you choose.
Oldies but Goodies…
Anxieties – Life is moving fast and sometimes hard to keep on top of it all. The children are troopers during it all, but there is no place like home, even though they will be leaving it soon. Traveling can be fun, but ultimately we are looking for the fun to be over. We want to get to our mission field.
Finances – We are praying for our support to come in. There are lots of people giving us moral support and are praying for us, but ultimately we need the answer to those prayers in the form of pledges every month. See our Fair Winds post for more info about types of the giving and why it matters.
Travel – Traveling takes a lot of planning, driving, and money. Much of our one-time gifts get burned up on the road. If we had our full pledged support, those one-time gifts could be used for our actual ministry budget on the field.
Home Gatherings – We are running out of people to know. We need to be exposed to new people. We would like to do more home gatherings to share our mission with friends. If you or somebody you know would like to host a home gathering, please let us know.
Faith – that it would not waver but grow stronger each day.
Encouragement – This is not an easy road. We were forewarned by good missionary friends that we will go through the most intense spiritual warfare before we will even get to the field. He wasn’t lying.
Finances – that we would raise our financial support team. The Lord owns the cattle on a thousand hills (Ps 50:10), he will get us what we need, but he wants us to pray!
1. Pray for Native America. The needs are great, but our God is greater. Casinos can’t fix substance abuse, depression, high suicide rates, and the overall effects of sin. Only the gospel of Jesus Christ has the saving and healing power that is desperately needed on the reservations.
2. Pray for more missionaries to go reach Native American and First Nations people.
3. Pray for Native American and First Nations missionaries to rise from the reservations and reach the world. Pray for Native pastors to be better equipped to served in very difficult situations.